Re: [orion-dev] JS Unit Test question

Hi Anthony,

For now,  it's probably easiest to continue using the browser/console and the test.html as this an area where I'm expecting change in 4.0.
If you're determined to have something more automated and want a local/desktop install, I run JSTestdriver from the shell and can help you set that up.

In addtion to the browser JS tests we also have test suites that current run manually for Orionode. In 4.0 I'd like to re-visit this and maybe look at integrating a pure JS testing stack into our build.

-Simon

Inactive hide details for Anthony Hunter---06/26/2013 11:54:41 AM---Hi Team, Questions about the Orion client JS Unit Tests.Anthony Hunter---06/26/2013 11:54:41 AM---Hi Team, Questions about the Orion client JS Unit Tests.

Anthony Hunter/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

06/26/2013 11:54 AM

[orion-dev] JS Unit Test question

    Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Team,

Questions about the Orion client JS Unit Tests.

Seems like running test.html from the browser as described in
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Running_the_tests#Running_a_test works well.

We also have a process in
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/JS_Unit_Test that mentions running them from Eclipse or from Orion.

I have tried to get running in Eclipse and have not been successful. I have tried on Windows 7 and Ubuntu. It mostly works by starting up and running some of the tests successfully, but then it dies with an NPE in jstestdriver code. I have gotten the JsTestDriverDemo to run successfully so I do not think it is my setup. Anyone else have this running successfully?

I am also guessing the running from Orion is not done yet?

Any other running the JS Unit Tests recommendations?

Cheers...
Anthony