[orion-dev] Debugging plugins

I tried Susan's orion.page.content, but nothing happens. What does
this experience remind me of? Eclipse! High on my list of reasons why
Eclipse UIs were a pain in the neck was the "nothing happens" routine.
 Let's not repeat that mistake.

We need a plugin-dev mode with options to log the plugin registration
and extension point calls.  I should be able to go to
Settings/Plugins/Dev and see a list of extension points, eg
'orion.page.content'. I should be able to see my plugin listed. I
should be able to "log all calls into" that point. Even this much
would dramatically focus my attention on where my problem could occur.

Is there such a thing?

jjb

Back to the top