Re: [orion-dev] Cant get server running properly at home

Just to say I think I've found out the real problem:
If orion is launched on a pre-used port then it crashes but doesn't clean itself up properly so when orion.ini is modified to use an open port other things are still locked/crashed preventing orion from running properly. If I log out of the user used to start orion and log in again and restart all seems OK.
Tom

From: John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tom potts <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxx>; Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, 29 November 2011, 20:56
Subject: Re: [orion-dev] Cant get server running properly at home

Hi Tom,

This list is fine. First I recommend you grab the official 0.3 release rather than that earlier build. I think I'll actually just pull those old builds from our downloads page. Usually after a release comes out we remove the pre-release build.

Other than that, your error is a mystery. You chould check the file on the server to see if it is valid, it is under:

eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.orion.client.core/web/defaults.pref.

You can also plug that URL directly into your browser and see what it looks like:

http://localhost:8081/defaults.pref

If both of those look fine and you're still getting errors, please enter a bug against Orion and we can follow up with you there:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Orion

Hope that helps,
John

tom potts <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/29/2011 10:20 AM
Please respond to
tom potts <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxx>; Please respond to
Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[orion-dev] Cant get server running properly at home

Sorry if this is the wrong list - cant find another.
Downloaded eclipse-orion-0.3RC2-linux.gtk.x86_64.zip, unzipped and started it
on calling localhost:8081 (as per default orion.ini)  I just get a blank page titled "Welcome to Orion" - there is some invisible content and errors in firefox error console - the first of which is
defaults.pref not well formed at line 1!
Tom