Re: [orion-dev] require js style

I wouldn't read too much into the current naming in our quick and dirty port to requirejs. The use of m* was primarily done so we could more easily find the places we had moved vs. those we had not. Lots of best practices to figure out here. Another thing is that the current modules feel too fine-grained to me as a dependency name so I'd like to take a better look if packages or similar might make sense. I'll take a look at the FB source to see what good ideas we might adopt.
-Simon

Inactive hide details for "John J. Barton" ---06/03/2011 07:39:25 PM---Just an observation based on our experience with require"John J. Barton" ---06/03/2011 07:39:25 PM---Just an observation based on our experience with require.js: ----

"John J. Barton" <johnjbarton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

06/03/2011 07:39 PM

[orion-dev] require js style

Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Just an observation based on our experience with require.js:
----
define(['dojo', 'orion/commands', 'orion/globalCommands',
'orion/textview/keyBinding', 'orion/textview/undoStack'], function(dojo,
mCommands, mGlobalCommands, mKeyBinding, mUndoStack) {

var exports = {};
---
Notice that if you name the var here as mEditorCommands:

var mEditorCommands = {};
return mEditorCommands;

then when you search through the source for "mEditorCommands" you will
hit both the uses and the definition of the object.

jjb