Re: [orion-dev] Ace editor

I did have a call with the ACE/Cloud9 people recently where this topic came up. We agreed that combining forces on the editor component may make sense. However, given that both editors already exist (and were developed in parallel without one group knowing about the other), we need to weigh the benefit of not having to do all of the bugfixing, feature, and maintenance work on our side against the cost of having to agree on common interfaces, and having to rewrite parts of Orion (and perhaps ACE or Cloud9) to make it suit our purposes. This is an open question for Silenio and Felipe to look at and decide. And then, as always, there is more to the question than the pure technical side - there are licensing and IP issues to work through too.

Even if we end up not joining forces on the editor side, I would like end users to be able to take their ACE color scheme (or other customizations like key bindings) and reuse it for Orion, and vice versa. The Cloud9 team agreed on that point too, so I am hopeful that we can work something out.

Boris

Inactive hide details for Paul Beusterien ---2011/03/14 13:12:20---Has Orion investigated integrating the ACE editor<https://giPaul Beusterien ---2011/03/14 13:12:20---Has Orion investigated integrating the ACE editor<https://github.com/ajaxorg/ace>?

Paul Beusterien <paul.beusterien@xxxxxxxxx>

orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

2011/03/14 13:12

[orion-dev] Ace editor

Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Has Orion investigated integrating the ACE editor?

Thanks,
Paul