Re: [orion-dev] How to use the web server?

On 1/26/2011 10:47 AM, Boris Bokowski wrote:

To make that 200 OK, you would go to http://localhost:8080 and log in (create a new account if you haven't - user creation is enabled for everyone for now but can be disabled), using the same browser that will later do the GET request on http://localhost:8080/file/org.eclipse.orion.client.core/static/ide.css so that it will send the cookie that gets set once you've logged in.

The secondary question, the file is available because we make two directories (client.core, client.editor) available for all accounts.

I can't access say http://localhost:8080/file/org.eclipse.orion.client.core/static/ide.css
because the web server prompts me for a  login.

In my opinion the web server has to be readable by default and write protected by default. That is what devs will expect. Then there needs to be a way to authenticate outside of the UI.

I don't see how to make progress on integration without some way for clients to access the API.

jjb

Back to the top