Re: [orion-dev] Fw: [github] Introducing the File Finder

The other thing I realized while playing around with this: because our navigator is not alongside an editor, we can actually use raw letters as key bindings for commands. Note this 'Open Type' on github is bound to the simple character 't', which is much simpler than Ctrl+Shift+T in Eclipse. This may seem obvious, I've been using key bindings like that in Gmail for ages, but it didn't occur to me in the context of the Orion navigator.

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/11/2011 10:13 AM

Please respond to
Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[orion-dev] Fw: [github] Introducing the File Finder

This is really nicely done - 'Open Type' has been implemented on Github.  It's quite snappy, and very nicely integrated directly into their navigator view. You can use this to browse our own source code here:

https://github.com/orion-oti/Orion-Client
https://github.com/orion-oti/Orion-Server

John

----- Forwarded by John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM on 02/11/2011 10:09 AM -----
Tomasz Zarna/Poland/IBM@IBMPL

02/11/2011 03:57 AM

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
cc
Subject
[github] Introducing the File Finder

https://github.com/blog/793-introducing-the-file-finder

Pretty neat,huh? I thought you might be interested given your work with search.

--
Tomek