Re: [orion-dev] How to use the web server?

http://localhost:8080/file/org.eclipse.orion.client.core/static/ide.css

> I get 401 unauthorized.
>
> My primary question is how to make that be 200 ok.

You get 401 when using curl, or when using the Orion client? The easiest thing to do is login to Orion in the browser, and then try the request from within that browser session.  I have done authenticated requests to orion from curl, but only after configuring the server to use Basic HTTP auth. Out of the box, Orion server uses Form or OpenID authentication, and I don't know how that is done in curl.

> A secondary question: why is that file available? I put
> -Dorg.eclipse.e4.webide.server.allowedPathPrefixes=C:\jjb\eclipse
> \fbugWorkspace\fbug
> in my eclipse.ini, but that directory does not show up. I get two
> others orion client and server, but I don't understand why.

The system property gives the server permission to link folders at that location, but does not actually add any folders to the workspace for you. You need to do the following after startup up the server:

- Navigate to http://localhost:8080/
- Click "Link Folder"
- Enter the file system path of the folder to be added:

- Click Ok. This will add the folder c:\jjb\eclipse\fbugWorkspace\fbug to your Orion workspace.

JohnA

Back to the top