Re: [orbit-dev] future of the Orbit website

Hi,

the only time i ever use it is to navigate to https://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/

~Christian

Am 29.09.22 um 20:12 schrieb Jonah Graham:
Hello folks,

At the moment there is a lot of change coming on the Eclipse websites,
including new domains, moving to GitHub/GitLab, static vs dynamic pages,
etc.

As a result I have been looped in
<https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/issues/1850#note_1010732>
to look at the future of Orbit's website.

What I would like to do is simply remove it and replace
https://www.eclipse.org/orbit/ with a redirect to the PMI entry
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.orbit. There is almost nothing
on the website that isn't duplicated on the PMI, and there is a lot on the
website that is dated (like CVS instructions).

*If there is no objection I will do the migration in the coming days.*

NB The orbit website has a second purpose, the PHP engine running on there
is used to make the static web pages for the Orbit downloads. I am working
with the webmaster on what the future for that is/can be. Follow along here
<https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/issues/1850#note_1010877>.

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham