[orbit-dev] future of the Orbit website

Hello folks,

At the moment there is a lot of change coming on the Eclipse websites, including new domains, moving to GitHub/GitLab, static vs dynamic pages, etc.

As a result I have been looped in to look at the future of Orbit's website.

What I would like to do is simply remove it and replace https://www.eclipse.org/orbit/ with a redirect to the PMI entry https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.orbit. There is almost nothing on the website that isn't duplicated on the PMI, and there is a lot on the website that is dated (like CVS instructions).

If there is no objection I will do the migration in the coming days.

NB The orbit website has a second purpose, the PHP engine running on there is used to make the static web pages for the Orbit downloads. I am working with the webmaster on what the future for that is/can be. Follow along here.

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders