Re: [orbit-dev] Pushing org.mozilla.javascript

On Tue, 2019-04-23 at 18:49 +0200, Christian Pontesegger wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I want to push and maintain a new recipe for the Rhino script engine
> used in JSDT tools and EASE. We currently host v1.7.5 on orbit which is
> really old.
>
> So I did an initial commit for v1.7.9:
> https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/141004/
>
> The build currently fails due to the license metadata I entered.  Rhino
> uses the Mozilla public license 2.0. Currently only v1.0 and 1.1 are
> accepted.
>
> So here are my questions:
> * how do we get the license accepted? Do we need to trigger a generic
> legal process to review MPL 2.0?

The license is already accepted, just the the plugin doesn't seem to
recognize it. I think it just needs to be added to

https://github.com/eclipse/ebr/blob/master/releng/maven-plugins/ebr-maven-plugin/src/main/java/org/eclipse/ebr/maven/eclipseip/KnownLicenses.java#L49

> * as the license changed, can we do a piggyback CQ for v1.7.9?
>
> * where to get started?

I see that a CQ 16320 for 1.7.10 already exists. Is that good enough ?
If so, Orbit can file our CQ against that, and then in your project you
would only need to file your piggyback CQ against ours (to indicate
you're consuming from Orbit).

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg