Re: [orbit-dev] Archiving Pre-Oxygen (4.7) Releases

Hi Roland,

On Nov 5, 2018, at 22:46, Roland Grunberg <rgrunber@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- Replacing the location on download.eclipse.org with a composite
repository pointing to the archived location [1] so existing consumers
could continue referencing the repository, if still needed.

Before doing that I suggest consulting Webmaster and get their input. archive.eclipse.org is less powered than download.eclipse.org. Having a composite that routes traffic all of the sudden to archive is not something I'd like to see. If we archive bits, we expect to break old builds. I think this is fine because it encourages adopters to move - either to archive or to a newer build.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/