Re: [orbit-dev] Eclipse .project files in orbit-recipes

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 4:42 PM Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Nov 5, 2018, at 16:19, Roland Grunberg <rgrunber@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Would anyone find it more beneficial to have m2e project nature
automatically assigned, or something else perhaps ?

We should probably make this the default for every new .project file in the EBR plug-in. We also need a template .classpath file in this case.

FWIW, I stopped importing recipes as individual projects into Eclipse. I found there to be too little value. I use the top-level EBR project for Git interaction (with drill down into folders when necessary). I mostly run Maven from the Terminal.

without nature and classpath having individual projects for each recipe doesn't really add value.
Maybe we should just add a generic project at the root of the repository to enable editing
recipes in Eclipse. Opening them in vscode has the side effect that it auto-generates
.project and .classpath files for each folder having a pom.xml.

-MatthiasĀ

Back to the top