Re: [orbit-dev] Committer status

On Thu, 2018-09-27 at 12:04 -0700, David Green wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a "historical committer" on orbit, originally the maintainer for the JSoup contribution[1].  I'd like to update the Orbit contribution to a newer version (1.8.3) and have submitted CQ 17745[2].
>
> Does Orbit still work the same way in terms of requesting committer status to add a contribution?  If so, could I be reinstated as a committer in order to move the contribution forward?  If not, what are the steps that I should take?

Hey David,

Your contributions should be accepted pretty easily if it is under 1000
LOC (yours is ~200) . For most single-bundle contributions, this is
easy to do. On the IP side, I could file the ATO CQ request on your
behalf given that this is merely an update to an existing bundle.

If in the longer term you intend to make many more contributions, and
require a shorter turnaround, I could look into reinstating active
committer status.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg