Re: [orbit-dev] Time for a new I-build?

Hi Roland

you wrote:
>> @Roland: Anything else I need to do that's not done by
>> "promote-to-downloads"?
>
> Sorry for the delay. Yes, the I-build promotion steps were all done
> correctly and any committer can do them. Just building is enough to get
>  the p2 repository updated for the latest-X reference and a link to the
> repository and build page.
>
> The one step that's missing to have the build label "show" was to
> manually create a file 'files.count' with a '1' as content. I believe
> this was used in the past to list whether the build had a corresponding
> zip archive of all content. I could remove/automate this so that once a
> build is promoted, it shows up in the downloads page as well. It was
> nice to have an extra step between promoting a build and doing one last
> set of checks to confirm it's what is expected but that can always be
> done prior to promotion.

Well, you can always test the preceding N-build prior to kicking off the
I-build and test that -- provided that the build is reproducible and
that changing the BUILD_LABEL doesn't have any deeper consequences. But
I can see the argument for taking a step back, test once more, and only
then make the repository available to the public by a deliberate action.

That being said, I don't see *where* you have to create the files.count
file. Certainly not in the Git repository, as no such commit was made
[1]. If such a file needs to be manually created on
build|download.eclipse.org, it would be great if a Hudson job would
exist that does that via a Shell script action, as not every Orbit
committer may have SSH access to build.eclipse.org (I still have, but
IIRC this is a legacy thing the admins like to phase out).

> The build should now show on the main page :
> http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/

Indeed it does. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Andreas