Re: [orbit-dev] Time for a new I-build?

On Tue, 2017-04-11 at 15:04 +0200, Andreas Sewe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > I have a fix in https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/94770/. If that's
> > > okay to merge, I'd like to do that and kick off a new build.
> >
> > fine with me.
> >
> > @Ronald: Are you the one who has to run the promote-to-downloads
> > Hudson
> > job [1] or can any committer do this for *I*-builds?
>
> Since I haven't heard back, I've gone ahead and promoted an I-build
> [1].
> So far, it looks good, but [2] doesn't list I20170411114559.
>
> @Roland: Anything else I need to do that's not done by
> "promote-to-downloads"?

Sorry for the delay. Yes, the I-build promotion steps were all done
correctly and any committer can do them. Just building is enough to get
 the p2 repository updated for the latest-X reference and a link to the
repository and build page.

The one step that's missing to have the build label "show" was to
manually create a file 'files.count' with a '1' as content. I believe
this was used in the past to list whether the build had a corresponding
zip archive of all content. I could remove/automate this so that once a
build is promoted, it shows up in the downloads page as well. It was
nice to have an extra step between promoting a build and doing one last
set of checks to confirm it's what is expected but that can always be
done prior to promotion.

The build should now show on the main page :
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg