Re: [orbit-dev] Lucene 5.2.1 into orbit-recipes (EBR)

Hi,

>> out of curiosity: Which bundles are you going to contribute?
>>
>> And if you plan on contributing org.apache.lucene.queryparser (which is
>> currently on my mind), how do you handle its dependency to
>> org.apache.lucene.sandbox, which in turn depends on org.apache.regexp
>> (AFAIK, retired as of 2011 [1])?
>
> The bundles I have contributed are exactly those listed in Bug 465874 [1].

Thanks. That's the bug I was looking for.

> Yes, one of them is lucene-queryparser, and for now I have removed the
> dependence to lucene-sandbox, and lucene-queries [2]. While packaging I
> was a little concerned when I couldn't find any current CQs for sandbox
> or queries, but was assured that at least for the platform usage
> (platform.ua ?), they would not be needed.

Well, I would also be interested in org.apache.lucene.queries, which
contains the highly useful BooleanFilter class.

I don't care for the sandbox, however. FWIW, Lucene 4.9.0 did *not* have
the queryparser -> sandbox dependencies. That it was introduced later
seems really odd to me, as a core component like the queryparser depends
on the sandbox.

> Now I'm seeing that CQs for sandbox and queries were filed as #10160, and
> #10161 just a few days prior to me pushing those 4 bundles.
>
> So if these are destined for Orbit, there would need to be some agreement
> with platform.ua since the platform would be gaining some additional lucene
> bundles, and I would have to remove my disablement in lucene-queryparser.

As I said above, I don't care about the sandbox, so removing that
dependency (or making it optional) is fine. Having the queries bundle in
Orbit, however, would be valuable to me.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--
Codetrails GmbH