Re: [orbit-dev] Lucene 5.2.1 into orbit-recipes (EBR)

Hi Roland,

> I just wanted to give a heads up that I'll be adding some Lucene 5.2.1
> bundles to the orbit-recipes git repository. I'm doing this on behalf of
> Sopot as part of Bug 465874 [1].

cool. We may switch to Lucene 5.x ourselves then.

> 1) I noticed that by default Import-Package statements are generated with
> 'uses' clauses. I would think most committers expect
> '<_nouses>true</_nouses>' by default but If not it's easy enough to
> override the config options in submodules. Thoughts ?

Why no uses directives? AFAIK they are they only way (besides using
Require-Bundle throughout) to reliably prevent the OSGi runtime from
wiring bundles in a way that causes exceptions/error due to class

Can you please elaborate why "most committers expect
<_nouses>true</_nouses>"? Thank you.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--