Re: [orbit-dev] Third-Party Bundles under IP with checkin keyword

Thanks. This will speed up things :)

As you suggested, I will reflect the IP status in the XML log file.

On 17 Sep 2015, at 01:26, David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Nicholas Loulloudes <loulloudes.n@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> To: Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Date: 09/16/2015 02:50 PM
> Subject: [orbit-dev] Third-Party Bundles under IP with checkin keyword

> What is the status with third-party bundles for which the IP team
> has completed a preliminary triage with a ‘checkin’ keyword?

> Can such bundles be committed to Orbit without completion of a
> comprehensive review?

Yes, they can be checked in.

There is a key word element or attribute in "ip log" XML files, I think called "status", and for think still under review, I believe we were supposed to set that to "in progress". The reason I am a bit fuzzy on it, is that since that key word is not currently displayed anywhere, I think we have been lax about setting it correctly. Sometimes putting "done" (even if under review) and sometimes, leaving as "in progress", even after the review has been completed.
Something we should improve on, so I'd recommend setting it correctly, and later remember to set it to "done", but it will not currently effect the build or how its displayed.