From:        Christian Campo <christian.campo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Science Industry Working        Group" <science-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Cc:        Roby Joehanes <robbyjo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:        09/16/2015 03:02 AM
Subject:        Re: [orbit-dev] JDistlib
Sent by:        orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sounds like a question for Janet Campell and her team.

christian

Von: <orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Philip Wenig <philip.wenig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Antworten an:
"
orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum:
Mittwoch, 16. September 2015 08:57
An:
Science Industry Working Group <
science-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:
Roby Joehanes <
robbyjo@xxxxxxxxx>
Betreff:
[orbit-dev] JDistlib

Hi folks,

I came across a nice library called JDistlib (statistic algorithms for Java), written by Roby (in CC). I really would like to bring this library to Eclipse Orbit so that it can be re-used by other projects. But ...

JDistlib
=============

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jdistlib
GPLv2
JDistlib -> Depends on JTransforms

I already asked Roby to dual-license the library under the EPL. This is problematic, as the contained algorithms are taken from R. They are licensed under the GPLv2 there which only allows to translate them to another language under the same license.

Is it really not possible at all to dual-license such a library?
Has anyone experience with such an issue?

JTransforms
=============

https://github.com/wendykierp/JTransforms
BSD 2-Clause
JTransforms -> Depends on JLargeArrays

JLargeArrays
=============

https://github.com/IcmVis/JLargeArrays
BSD 2-Clause
JLargeArrays -> Depends on Apache Commons Math

Best,
Philip

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OpenChrom - the open source alternative for chromatography / mass spectrometry

compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt/Main
fon: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 0
fax: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 22
web:
www.compeople.de

Vorstand: Jürgen Wiesmaier
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christian Glanz

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/Main
Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56759
USt-IdNr. DE207665352