Von: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Gunnar Wagenknecht
Gesendet: Montag, 17. Februar 2014 15:49
An: Orbit Developer discussion
Betreff: Re: [orbit-dev] How to use Orbit releases with maven-based non-Eclipse-plugin-projects

Hi Oliver,

I know that the Jetty project is doing something like this. They wrote some Maven stuff to turn Orbit jars into Maven consumable pieces. You might want to ask there.

FWIW, although some jars in Orbit might have been built from stuff in Maven Central, you can't consume stuff from Maven Central in you Eclipse projects and distribute that as is.  At least the about.html file needs to be added which (as far as I know) is not in any jar in Maven Central. Some bundles also only contain a subset. Additionally, in order to benefit from the simplified CQs (re-use from Orbit CQs) you must re-use the Orbit bits.

-Gunnar

Am 17.02.2014 um 14:44 schrieb Oliver Kopp <kopp.dev@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build the Eclipse project "Winery", which is a web-based
> application and not an Eclipse plugin. To be IP clean, I want to
> consume Orbit bundles only. I opted for maven as build tool.
>
> Therefore, I'm trying to understand, how one can use the libraries
> made available by Orbit in projects not being Eclipse plugins. I
> started with http://eclipse.org/orbit/resources.php. The question
> arised, why Orbit is versioned using CVS. (There is no FAQ-entry for
> that :)).
>
> I also found
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Easy_Bake_Builds_with_Orbit_Bundles,
> but this seems to be related to Eclipse platform projects only.
>
> Orbit offers the download page at
> http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/. There, a p2
> repository is offered. How can I use that in my maven build? Is it
> impossible as
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6682028/use-dependencies-from-eclip
> se-p2-repository-in-a-regular-maven-build
> suggests?
>
> I'm also aware of http://wiki.eclipse.org/Services/Nexus, but Orbit is
> not part of it. Is that a possible way to offer IP-cleared jars?
>
> Thank you in advance and greetings,
>
> Oliver

Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx