[orbit-dev] How to use Orbit releases with maven-based non-Eclipse-plugin-projects

Hi,

I'm trying to build the Eclipse project "Winery", which is a web-based
application and not an Eclipse plugin. To be IP clean, I want to
consume Orbit bundles only. I opted for maven as build tool.

Therefore, I'm trying to understand, how one can use the libraries
made available by Orbit in projects not being Eclipse plugins. I
started with http://eclipse.org/orbit/resources.php. The question
arised, why Orbit is versioned using CVS. (There is no FAQ-entry for
that :)).

I also found http://wiki.eclipse.org/Easy_Bake_Builds_with_Orbit_Bundles,
but this seems to be related to Eclipse platform projects only.

Orbit offers the download page at
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/. There, a p2
repository is offered. How can I use that in my maven build? Is it
impossible as http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6682028/use-dependencies-from-eclipse-p2-repository-in-a-regular-maven-build
suggests?

I'm also aware of http://wiki.eclipse.org/Services/Nexus, but Orbit is
not part of it. Is that a possible way to offer IP-cleared jars?

Thank you in advance and greetings,

Oliver

Back to the top