Re: [orbit-dev] Declaring Build: I20131206110810 - candidate to promote for Luna M4

I've noticed similar things with PDE targets in general ... they don't always "update" when is seems they should (or, say they have) ... usually some combination of restarting, re-editing, and other superstitious behavior suffices to get it to truly "update". I always figured it was "just me" so have never looked if there was an open bug for this issue.

And, I don't use the two bundles you mention ... they could have additional problems, as far as I know ... but they look correct on the surface.

From:        Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:        12/09/2013 05:10 AM
Subject:        Re: [orbit-dev] Declaring Build: I20131206110810 - candidate to promote for Luna M4
Sent by:        orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

> Since there have been several additions since the last promoted I-build,
> I'll wait until Saturday or Sunday to promote to an S-build, but this
> I-build is our current candidate to promote for use in Luna M4.
>
> If my little programs, scripts, and hand editing are correct, it is
> mostly additions, since the M3 version, but a few bundles did change in
> qualifier-only ... and one has a new "service release".
> Let me know if anything doesn't "look right".

does anyone else have trouble referencing the additions in their .target
files and resolving it then from within Eclispe?

I switched (from S20131024145017) to
<
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20131206110810/repository/>.
Thereafter, the .target file still resolves fine.

However, as soon as I update the version number of either

>> com.google.gson [2.2.4.v201311231704]
>> com.google.gson.source [2.2.4.v201311231704]

or

>> org.mockito [1.9.5.v201311280930]
>> org.mockito.source [1.9.5.v201311280930]

the .target file [1] doesn't resolve anymore.The PDE Target Editor gives
me an "Unable to locate installable unit com.google.gson" or
"org.mockito", respectively.

Oddly enough, our Tycho-based build is happy with the new versions. Any
ideas what might be going on here?

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <