Re: [orbit-dev] Declaring Build: M20130813162201 ... what's next?

I promoted this first M-build, and confirmed (from doing a 'diff', on repositories) that it is identical to the last R-build (R20130517111416), as would be expected.

This M-build is based on "Kepler_maintenance" version of maps/feature ... which so far are just like they were for the Kepler release.

So, now we need to decide what's going in this maintenance build, and what the schedule is ... recall, this M-build is (primarily) for projects participating in Kepler SR1 ... so typically should only include "required" bug fixes ... "new function" should be widely discussed, announced, etc., especially if there is any chance at all that it might effect another Kepler project.

The only concrete request for the maintenance build has come for adding xz-java-1.3 ... and, I do not see an Orbit bug for it, so far, but was requested in
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/orbit-dev/msg03402.html

Any others?

As usual, I'd like to get this "done" and promoted to an R-build very early so it is a "stable" repository as others finish their Kepler SR1 builds.

See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Kepler/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#SR1
for complete SR1 schedule, but if there's no reason to do otherwise, I'd like to finish the Orbit maintenance build "before RC2" so projects can use is for RC2 and beyond.

This implies we would have to be done with it by, say, 8/23! I realize that's only 10 days away ... but .... if there are only one or two bundle changes going it, then it seems like it should be feasible.

Please let me know if there are other contributions to be made to this maintenance build, or if there would be problem meeting the tight schedule.

Let me know if there are "how to" questions about how to contribute to maintenance build, but, in brief, typically, you'd contribute to "head stream" first, get that building, make sure it looked right, then use "same values" in Kepler_maintenance version of map files.

Thanks,