From: Gunnar Wagenknecht [mailto:gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:29 PM
To: Kirchev, Lazar
Cc: orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Logback slf4j impl 1.0.3

Am 23.08.2012 14:18, schrieb Kirchev, Lazar:
> Since the version for 1.0.3 is the same, does it make sense to add to
> Orbit bundle ch.qos.logback.slf4j_1.0.3, differing from
> ch.qos.logback.slf4j_1.0.0 only by the bundle version?

I'm not sure on this one. IMHO there is no technical need for a new
bundle. However, for consistency/easy-of-verification reasons it might
make sense to add the bundle.

> Or, to add Loback classic with the slf4j implementation contained in its
> bundle?

The Logback+SLF4J bundles follow a different approach in Orbit in order
to avoid a cyclic dependency issue between SLF4J and any implementation.
The lockback.slf4j bundle is actually a fragment to the slf4j.api
bundle. It delivers the implementation as a fragment to SLF4J. I'd
prefer to keep it that way.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht