Re: [orbit-dev] Questions about my first bundle, SWTChart

Hey Andrew, some quick answers for you:

1). Yes, I believe that's correct.

2). No I wouldn't worry about it. I would think it is uncommon for other people to implement org.eclipse.swt packages so it makes sense to require our implementation of those packages and just use a bundle requirement.

3). No, you only need to include a source-bundle folder if you're distributing the source as well. We have a couple other bundles that don't. David can confirm but I don't think there is anything special you need to do. I just quickly checked the source feature generation code and it does a lookup for the source bundle before creating an entry for it in the source feature, so it shouldn't create a bogus one for your bundle.

4). No, I think your about.html can look pretty much like any of the Eclipse Platform about.html files since it is EPL only.

HTH,

dj

orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 2012/01/19 04:48:26 PM:

> From: Andrew Overholt <overholt@xxxxxxxxxx>

> To: orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: 2012/01/19 04:49 PM
> Subject: [orbit-dev] Questions about my first bundle, SWTChart
> Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to submit my first bundle for inclusion in Orbit, SWTChart
> [1].  Going through the "Adding Bundles to Orbit" page, I have a few
> questions:
>
> 1. SWTChart is provided as an OSGi bundle but without Bundle-Vendor or
> license file included.  For this reason I am creating a proper bundle in
> Orbit; is this the right move?
>
> 2. SWTChart uses Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.swt ... should I figure out
> what parts of SWT it's using and change this to Import-Package statements?
>
> 3. Do I need to have a source-bundle directory?  The CQ was filed
> requesting distribution of the binary only.
>
> 4. Since SWTChart is EPL, do I need the separate blurb at the bottom of
> about.html similar to, for example, Apacho Oro?
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> Andrew
>
> [1]
> http://www.swtchart.org/