[orbit-dev] Orbit Builds are back and ... maintenance plans

I've turned on Orbit's I builds again.

It appears we will need an Orbit R-build for Galileo maintenance, in
September.

Typically when we do maintenance, we branch map files and change only
exactly what needs to be changed for maintenance.

But, I wonder ... how much else will we change by then? Anyone have any
big plans?

In the past, we often had big changes that effected all bundles, such as
changes in source attachments, and similar.

But, I haven't heard of any such things for now.

So, I suggest we just cruise along with I-builds for a while. If it ends
up by September we've only had a few changes, perhaps we can turn that
into an R-build with no branching. On the other hand, if, by then, it
turns out we've made big changes, that should not be adopted except for
Helios, then we'll branch maps and "release" things there that are only
needed for maintenance.

Let me know if this 'deferred branching' decision won't work for some
reason, or if you find it more confusing than in worth. (That is, it is
worth something: having one branch, one build to pick from). I can create
the maintenance branch/build any time we need it -- feel free to say so.
I've tagged the Galileo version of map files with R20090624Galileo.