Re: [orbit-dev] More Batik Fun: Need to split the org.w3c.dom package. Please help!

Hi, Gunnar,

Thanks for your reply! If I understand correctly, what makes the package "split" is simply re-exporting it without the mandatory matching attribute, so that not doing so preserves the integrity of the "official" content. I am wholly in agreement with that and it sounds like it shouldn't be difficult. My only concern would be that clients of Batik who need to use the operations provided by this interface would have to import the package using the matching attribute, which then would result in them not seeing the rest of the DOM API. This should be easy to test, I suppose.

Cheers,

Christian