[orbit-dev] Re: move?

Orbit has always been a strange kettle of fish. In some ways it would make sense to have a top-level project for Orbit because it so different, but on the other hand the mechanisms for supporting a top level project (a PMC, reports to the Board, etc) seem very heavy-weight for a simple repository of third-party libraries. I, personally, have not experienced people's confusion about Tools being a place for Orbit, but I am willing to believe that it exists. I would be inclined to just document Tools/Orbit as an idiosyncrasy of Eclipse development.

- Bjorn
So, why would we not do the correct thing, then?  Structure and process are very important at Eclipse.  I would like to hear Bjorn's view on this.

--

[end of message]

Back to the top