So ... anyone else need maintenance for SR1?
Any objections to a "mini" maintenance release August 6? (And, the SR1 maintenance be about a month or 6 weeks later, if anyone needs other changes for the coordinated maintenance release).

Thanks,

----- Forwarded by David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM on 08/04/2008 10:51 AM -----
From: David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM
To: orbit-dev-owner@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 07/23/2008 01:47 AM
Subject: Desire for Ganymede SR1 maintenance release of Orbit bundles?

Orbit committers,

I'd like to get create an Orbit maintenance release, so I can fix bug 241723 (in WTP, and other users of the axis bundle would need to use maintenance release as well, to be consistent).

Are there any other needs for a maintenance release?

The only change so far, has been for the ant bundles (changes to the existing 1.6 and 1.7). Any chance those are needed in a maintenance release too?

If those are _not_ desired to be updated in maintenance, then I'll branch the map files, where we can update only exactly what we want to be different in maintenance release as leave the rest as it was for the Ganymede release.

Now for the complication ... we in WTP are doing an early maintenance release, in mid-August, so I'd like to plan for an early maintenance release of Orbit ... say August 6th? (that's a Wednesday).

Of course, we in WTP are also contributing to the simultaneous release in September, and we could also do another maintenance of Orbit then, if required.

Any objections? comments?

thanks,

Back to the top