[orbit-dev] Bugfixing 3rd party code due to lack of a release

Hi folks

I just joined the list so I could reply to this thread.

Martin, as far as the IP cleanliness goes, you will need to contact the EMO
and get the code approved but it should be a no-brainer especially with the
prep work you've already done.  They shouldn't even have to scan the code -
since it's so small they can just eyeball the changes.  In theory it should
get approved quickly.

As far as the license goes - what you're suggesting - getting the
contribution under the EPL actually makes it more problematic.  You can't
take EPL code and dump it into the middle of an Apache licensed file.  That
doesn't make much sense.  In general even if there are cases where licenses
are compatible, we usually maintain only one license per file otherwise it
can get very unwieldy and confusing (e.g. lines 10 - 15 are XYZ license,
license 20 - 95 are ABC license, etc.).

Adrian

Adrian Cho
Development Manager, Intellectual Property
IBM Ottawa Lab
adrian_cho@xxxxxxxxxx
External: (613) 726-5536
Tie:  654-5536