Re: [orbit-dev] Orbit IP Log

Thanks, DJ,

They're all in there, with the 'historical' keyword.

One more thing ... some of these contributions (such as Batik) have multiple IPzillae, one per project (e.g., GMF, BIRT, TPTP).  Should we select only one of these to include in the IP Log?  (I would take GMF as I am a Modeling Project committer)  Otherwise, as more consumers get approvals to use any Orbit bundle, we'll find ourselves updating the log each time.

cW

Christian W. Damus
Component Lead, Eclipse
OCL and EMF-QTV
IBM Rational Software

DJ Houghton/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/08/07 09:43 AM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [orbit-dev] Orbit IP Log

I believe that the foundation created IP Zilla entries for all
contributions...even the old ones. I just did a search in IP Zilla for
javax.servlet and found a couple of entries. (for multiple versions)

orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/08/2007 09:28:13 AM:

> Hi, DJ,
>
> The XML format seems to require an IPzilla.  Unfortunately, all of
> my contributions were approved in the pre-IPzilla age.
>
> Do you have an example of how to configure a IPzillaless project?
> The javax.servlet bundle falls into this category, I should think.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Christian
>

> Christian W. Damus
> Component Lead, Eclipse OCL and EMF-QTV
> IBM Rational Software
>

> DJ Houghton/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
> Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 05/04/07 01:51 PM
>
> Please respond to
> Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> cc
>
> Subject
>
> [orbit-dev] Orbit IP Log
>

> As discussed on the wiki page:
>      http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Orbit_IP_Log
> we have been working towards creating an IP Log file in Orbit which
> contains information about each project.
>
> We have written a script which will process each file and present this
> information in a meaningful manner. This will also be used to dynamically
> keep track of what bundles and versions are in Orbit. (no more need to
keep
> updating a static web page somewhere)
>
> Here is what we would like each project owner to do:
>
> - Create the file
>      - create a file called <bundle_name>.ip_log in
> /org.eclipse.orbit.releng/ip_log
>      - note that we are still using the "set1" branch in this project
> - Populate the file
>      - for each version of the bundle, create a <project...> element in
> the file
>      - populate it with the appropriate information
>
> I have put a template file on the wiki page which most people will just
be
> able to take and fill in the appropriate values. If you have multiple
JARs