Re: [orbit-dev] XML Bundle Questions

Er, how bad is it for me to admit I don't know the real difference between
1.2 and Foundation 1.0?  :)
In fact, I'm not even sure ... are you suggesting it would be better to
specify as Foundation 1.0? I do know, from mailing lists, it does not
run on 1.1! I'll look to see if I can find the references if that would
help answer the question.

Foundation 1.0 is a superset of CDC 1.0 and is based upon a subset of  J2SE 1.3.1,
so if xerces works with J2SE 1.2, then it should work fine with Foundation 1.0 *unless*
it uses something like the index set/get functions on Vector, which came in at 1.2,
but aren't in CDC 1.0.

When you say 1.1 above, do you mean Foundation 1.1 or Java 1.1.*?

I have always heard it said that naming a product is more difficult than actually
shipping the thing :-)

regards
 --oh

Back to the top