RE: [orbit-dev] Contributed Jakarta ORO and Commons Net

> My hope was that I could hold the unexploded jar in the Repository (ie a verbatim
> jar from apache), and have the build process explode and repackage it to a non-nested
> jar on the fly during the build. Would that make sense?

There is a lot of merit to exploring this type of thing, long run, but there's nothing in build
process (or PDE) that would do this now.

And, a potentially larger problem to think about and discuss: Its sort of an unwritten rule that
developers should be able to check something out of CVS into workspace and have it behave mostly like
it would in a pre-built version.  It's hard for me to even imagine what that would look like.

Back to the top