Re: [nebula-dev] CDateTime: strange behavior on mouse wheel action

Hi Matthias,

Well, it sounds like a bug :'(

Can you please fill a bug, I'll have a look then.

Cheers,

Laurent

Le mer. 19 août 2020 à 11:27, Matthias Paul Scholz <matthias.paul.scholz@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Hi,

I have noticed an (in my opinion strange)  behavior of the CDateTime widget on Windows when using the mouse wheel:

On a view with multiple widgets, one of the them a CDateTime widget, I focus some other widget and subsequently move the mouse over the CDateTime widget (without focussing it); when I now use the mouse wheel, some date is set to the widget.

This is not only confusing but also dangerous since the user might accidentally set a date without  having intended it - instead, she wanted to to scroll in the view without changing or setting the date that is associated to the CDateTime widget instance.

In the CDateTime source code, there is a listener registered indeed that accepts mouse wheel events and changes the value.

Is the behavior above intended?
Is there a possibility to switch it off by a client of the widget (I didn't find one)?

Best,
  MP