Re: [nebula-dev] Nebula Timeline Annotations

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the pointer. I will start with this and see where it leads me.

Regards,
Philip

On Friday, 22 May 2020, 19:12:51 CEST, Christian Pontesegger <christian.pontesegger@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Philip,

with 'custom modification' I mean that you would have to checkout the
source code and modify it to your needs. Depending on how you use the
timeline view (raw API / jface api) you would have to adapt the code.

A good starting point might be
https://github.com/eclipse/nebula/blob/master/widgets/timeline/org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.timeline/src/org/eclipse/nebula/widgets/timeline/figures/detail/track/lane/LaneFigure.java

which is the parent of each 'line' and holds the events to display

best regards
Christian

Am Freitag, den 22.05.2020, 12:45 +0000 schrieb
philipcokonkwo@xxxxxxxxx:

> Hi Christian,
>
> Thank you for the suggestion. I will be more interested in the custom
> modification since that is better suited to my use. The cursors are
> long and span the entire height of the widget. They are also easy to
> move around. What I will like is to keep the annotation restricted
> one lane on the widget or just one track. And also be able to use
> different figures custom figures like arrows or any other similar
> indicators for the annotation.
>
> What is the best way to go about achieving this?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Philip
>
> On Friday, 22 May 2020, 07:08:48 CEST, Christian Pontesegger <
> christian.pontesegger@xxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Hi Philip,
>
> arrows like in your screenshot can not be added to the widget without
> any custom modification. What you can do is add cursors. These are
> vertical bars. Drawback is that the user may move cursors around, so
> they are not fixed.
>
> Christian

Back to the top