Re: [nebula-dev] Nebula overview slides

Hi Wayne,

Slide 1:
--------
Mission-Statement:

Nebula is a place where different Eclipse-Projects and Independent
developers collaborate on building Custom SWT widgets and reuseable
UI-Components useable in UI-Applications built using SWT.

And some picks of our widgets cool widgets like the Gantt Chart,
Gallery, Grid and PShelf.

Slide 2:
--------
Advantages of Custom Widgets

* Not bound to widget system restrictions
  => Provide features not available
     e.g. Grid has a
     - row-header
     - information system about visible cells which is handy for
       resource management (e.g. a Grid with thousands of images)
     - fixed footer row

* Completely Themeable and hip looking because most of them drawn
  completely on the GC

* Some nice animation effects (e.g. Gallery-Scrolling)

Slide 3:
--------
* Nebula is pushing stable widget and bring them to a stable release
* Nebula is welcoming people who have a widget they want to provide to
  the public

Attached are my slides from EclipseCon09 on the Nebula Grid.

Tom