[nebula-dev] Re: Fixed header row and contribution to the Nebula project

Hi Anders,

Sorry for the delay of my response. First of I'd be glad if I could help you in any way to get this feature into Grid.

Last week I had a chance to talk to my customer and it looks like I get contracted but I will start on an Grid-Extension some time in April. I think this doesn't meet your time constraints.

I've updated the patch to make it apply to HEAD as Chris asked in the bug but frankly I'm at this moment not the right person to talk to because I don't fully understand the if my solution breaks with assumptions made in Grid (it was the first time I took a look at Grid code).

What I did to get the header in was the following:
1. Searched how the Top-Header-Offset is done
2. Wherever this offset is used I simply added my artificial column

I will try to take a look tomorrow and see how I can improve the patch but I think we need to wait for Chris to comment on how I'm doing things because he really knows the 10.000 lines of code ;-)

I'd say we should work on the features step by step:
a) Integrate fixed header support
b) Integrate fixed footer support

Tom

Anders Baumann schrieb:
Hi Tom.

I am sorry to bother you and I hope that it is ok that I write to you directly. I am writing to you about the “fixed header row” feature of the Grid widget that you have written about in the Nebula news group.

My company, Maconomy, really needs this feature so we would like to try and implement it and contribute it back to the Nebula project. Hopefully you will be willing to help and advise us.

In the news group message you write that your source is only a proof of concept implementation. Can you explain to us how the real implementation should be done? What should we change/improve in your source code? What features are missing or should the solution be conceptually different?