Re: [nebula-dev] grid and grid viewer

Hi Hannes,

Everything that you can do with a viewer can be done with the base widget, but its much harder. The viewer may be more complicated (as far as API) but it really does save you time in the end.

Editing support is handled via GridEditor. The viewer will actually shield you from the underlying GridEditor code if you use the viewer.

Regarding column groups, the viewer does not have any higher level model class for column groups (something like GridColumnGroupViewer). To create a column group when using a viewer you would just create a GridColumnGroup as normal and also create your GridColumns manually. Then wrap them in a GridColumnViewer by passing the already created column to the constructor.

regards,
-Chris

Hannes Nützmann wrote:
I know that this might be the wrong place to ask questions like that, but as far as I know its the only place at all where newbs like me can ask about nebula ;) So now some general questions: When should I use the Grid and when the GridViewer? How is it intended to be used? Does the Grid offer any edit options, or is that just with the GridViewer? I'm asking that stuff cause it is way more complicated to create a GridViewer and add functions like collapsing columns then with a Grid. I'm just a bit confused about the usage of this to components atm, so please clean up my mind :) Hannes