Re: [nebula-dev] [CompositeTable] Selection/Check + Viewer API

André Dietisheim schrieb:
> Hi Tom
>
> CompositeTable of course has a notion of row. The difference is that the
> rows are adressed as composite aka controls-container. All operations
> compositeTable executes on rows are based on this 'paradigm'
> (focus-traversal, cell-layout, etc.). I am not 100% aware of the latest
> 3.3 jface implementation but I assume that the main problem when using
> items is that rows are reused in compositeTable (rows scrolled out are
> refreshed with different model-content.

That's certainly a problem. The only thing I can say is that there's
only one place in JFace where we cache rows is when you turn call
setUseHashLookup(true). I think it's worth trying if I look at the long
list Peter gave in his mail.

> Furthermore compositeTable does not have the notion of labelProviders. A
> row is a container of controls, cells are controls. There's no
> (out-of-the-box) difference in displaying and editing data (and no
> label-provider in the strict sense). It's up to the cell-control to decide

This not a problem any more you are completely free in the new JFace
implementation when it comes to presentation. The viewer calls
CellLabelProvider#updateCell(ViewerCell) whenever it wants to display
information in a cell. What you are doing in there is up to you.

> how to display cell values. Dave's concept is to let the user programmer
> implement a cell-editor & label-provider scheme if he needs it.
> Is this behavior compatible to the current jface implementation?

I admit that the editing thing is a problem but I haven't thought really
about it.

> I am still here to do some work on this great widget though my work-time
> is limited now ;-(
> Furthermore the final decisions are up to Dave...

Tom

Back to the top