[nattable-dev] MultiCellEditDialog and TickUpdate

Hi,

ok I investigated on this and found out what it is and how it should work. In fact this is enabled by default in current default configurations. You can check it in the EditableGridExample for the Bid column.

First thing is that if a cell in that column is selected, by pressing add or subtract on the keypad, the value in the selected cell will increase/decrease.

Second thing is a specialized multi edit dialog that adds a combo for the action that should be processed with the entered value in the editor control. This will then process the tick update on the value.

Well after doing the investigation on this I've found out that this feature has some serious bugs. For example trying in the EditErrorHandling example to press add/subtract on the keypad will lead to an exception because of errors in type determination and conversion. Also on executing increase, the value was decreased and vice versa.

With the edit refactoring I took care of this too. I still need to do some work on the editing stuff, but I will commit everything soon. I will of course also create several tickets explaining my bugfixes and enhancements to editing in NatTable.

Greez,
Dirk

Back to the top