[nattable-dev] MultiCellEditDialog and TickUpdate

Hi everybody,

I'm currently working on a major refactoring of the editing in NatTable. Internally there will be huge changes in processing and API. Getting rid of old stuff that isn't working anymore, introducing some new stuff. I will write down everything I did in another post (hopefully I don't forget something).

I'm almost done, but there is one thing I need to transfer to the new editing model I'm not aware of. In the MultiCellEditDialog there is some code for rendering a Combobox regarding the usage of TickUpdate stuff. I don't know about this TickUpdate, there is no documentation on this and there is no example showing how it is used.

IMHO this is a special type of editor that should only be opened in a dialog. Am I right? With the refactoring I'm doing at the moment it will be possible to create and configure such dialog-only editors. So I would like to create the TickUpdate one to be the first dialog-only editor in NatTable. So functionality stays, being modified a bit.

Could please somebody try to explain the TickUpdate to me? How the editor should work? For which type of base cell editor it should work?

Thanks in advance,
Dirk

Back to the top