[mylyn-pmc] Mylyn Project Restructuring

Sam,

I renamed the topic as your feedback is not about the charter of the Lifecycle project but about the restructuring activities.

> Wikitext
> Wikitext demonstrated that it's a successful project on its own with a vibrant community. It's used as a separate library and tool. Thus, it really should be a separate project that can produce releases on it's own.
>
> Who is going to do release engineering and manage participation in Eclipse simultaneous releases for Wikitext once it becomes a separate project with separate releases?

From an Eclipse perspective, it's the project doing the work. As there will be an overlap with the Mylyn committers, I actually expect the same people will do the work that also did it in the past.

> Is this going to require renaming all bundles, features and Java packages to drop the org.eclipse.mylyn namespace? That could be very disruptive for adopters and users.

No, this is not a requirement. A project may want to decide to use a new namespace in the future. However, given the existing community it doesn't make sense to break all adopters at this time.

For the detailed list of actions that will happen, see here:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/Restructuring/2015#Wikitext

> ePub
> It's actually not a project but a component within Docs. However, it's not really clear who uses it actively. We should either archive it or discuss with the committers where to put it best.
>
> Has the discussion with the committers taken place?

Not yet. This will start as part of the restructuring.

-Gunnar

Back to the top