Re: [mylyn-pmc] Intent and MFT in Juno

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for checking into this. This is intentional for MFT, I can't speak to the intention of Intent. :) Even though it is functionally parallel to "built-in" Mylyn Context consumers, MFT really is a different beast. In addition to the +3 Mylyn dependencies, we have +3 on Modelling tools as well. While we have an excellent set of contributors and the technology is quite solid, it really isn't up to the level of maturity that I think Mylyn users would expect, especially in terms of consumption by downstream users. Given that we didn't want to create unneeded risks and confusion for the rest of the Mylyn release.

hth,

Miles

On 2012-05-14, at 12:43 PM, Wayne Beaton wrote:

I just noticed that most of Mylyn is doing a "roll up" release with Juno, with the exception of Intent and Model Focusing Tools.

Is this an oversight? i.e. should Intent and MFT be included in the roll up or are they separate by design?

I'm guessing that this is the result of the painfully deficient tools we have for capturing this information...

Wayne
--
Wayne Beaton
The Eclipse Foundation