[mylyn-integrators] Synch after submit - issue

Hi again,

As I mentioned in previous e-mails, I am writing a mylyn connector. I have
the following issue and I would really appreciate getting some input about
it:

In my overridden version of postSynchronization() set the
taskRepository.setSynchronizationTimeStamp() to the current time.

The method hasTaskChanged() returns true if the lastModificationTime on
the server is AFTER taskRepository.getSynchronizationTimeStamp().

The problem happens when the user clicks the submit-button. When the new
data is submitted to the server, the lastModificationTime on the server is
set to the new value (== current time). After that, the new data is
brought from the server again, and since the lastModificationTime in this
case will always be AFTER taskRepository.getSynchronizationTimeStamp(),
the method hasTaskChange will always return true here causing the message
"task has incoming changes" to appear (and won't go away unless the user
clicks on it - which could become irritating after a while) even though
these changes are already visible in the user's editor on eclipse.

Is there anybody who has some ideas about how to solve this? I have
examined and reexamined AbstractTaskEditorPage line for line for over
three days until I run out of ideas. I would really appreciated if
somebody could give me a hint or point me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance
Avin

Back to the top