[mylyn-integrators] Changing task URL for an entire repository

I'm working on Mylyn 2.3, and I'm wondering how to handle repository
moves or other things that cause the URL scheme for a repository's tasks
to change.

Suppose that an update to the MyTracker repository invalidates old URLs.
That is, in version 1 of MyTracker, Task1 had URL
http://mytracker.mylyn.org/complicated.do?annoying=true&boilerplate=42&I
D=Task1

The developers of MyTracker realized that they needed a better api.
They got rid of the complicated action and replaced it with a web
services API with more readable URLs.  So, in version 2 of MyTracker,
Task1 now has the URL
http://mytracker.mylyn.org/tasks/Task1

Now, I can update the connector so that it maps tasks for
http://mytracker.mylyn.org/ to /tasks/taskId instead of the old
complicated URL.  All tasks queried after I install the new connector
will get the right URL, but the IssueUrl for tasks in the local cache
will be wrong.  That is, if I ran a query with the old connector, the
tasks returned by that query still have the old, complicated URL even
after I install the new connector.  That means, if the old API is going,
"open task in browser" now fails for all of these old tasks.

Is there an easy way to handle a problem like this?  Is this making
sense, or have you never seen a repository author break their old URLs?

Thanks.

--
Tom Bryan <tombry@xxxxxxxxx>
Cisco Systems