Re: [mylyn-integrators] "Task has incoming changes" and "clear outgoing"?

> 1. When I update some field in my taskEditor and click to save my changes,
> the taskData are written back to the server successfully. However, when I,
> later, make changes on the data in that specific filed in the server, no
> matter how many times I synchronize or restart my editor or even my plugin,
> this field does not get updated even though the new data is retrieved from
> the server correctly. Now the only way to make a successfull
> synchronization is to click on "clear outgoing". Is this a bug or is there
> a way I can fix this? My guess is that it has something to do with the
> synchronization state, but I could not find a way to change the
> synchronization state in doSave(), and I am not even sure if doSave() is
> the appropriate place to do that!!

When you save changes to an attribute locally this attribute will not get
updated from the server until it is submitted or outgoing changes are
cleared. Take a look at SubmitTaskJob.run(): After submitting a task to the
server taskDataManager.putSubmittedTaskData(task, updatedTaskData) is invoked
which updates the local copy of task data with the latest state from the
server.

> 2. When I update a task through the taskEditor and then synchronize, a
> clickable text shows on top in the editor saying "Task has incoming
> changes". When clicking on this text the method doSave() is invoked. This
> method writes the taskData back to the server which contradicts what the
> message is saying. So my question is: Is there a way to reverse the action
> taken when "Task has incoming changes" is clicked? In which class is this
> specified?

The implementation is in AbstractTaskEditorPage.TASK_DATA_LISTENER. You may
have to override AbstractTaskEditorPage.refreshFormContent() to handle
refreshes properly for your editor.

Steffen

--
Steffen Pingel - steffenp@xxxxxx - http://steffenpingel.de