RE: [mylyn-integrators] How to get TaskData?

Thank you for the clarification Rob. TasksUi.getTaskData.getTaskDataManager().getTaskData(taskRepository, taskId) actually works fine for me.

Do you allso happen to know where the taskEditorn gets its data from (ex. scheduled for, due, estimated hours...ect)?

/Avin
From: mylyn-integrators-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mylyn-integrators-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Elves [rob.elves@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 6:58 PM
To: Mylyn Integrators list
Subject: Re: [mylyn-integrators] How to get TaskData?

Yes, this is a problem. Although the TaskDataManager lies in the
tasks.core package, it is initialized and its instance held by the
tasks.ui.TasksUiPlugin.  Same goes for the tasklist itself. If you could
create a new bug report and prefix the summary with "[api]" we can
discuss options there. In the mean time you'll need to add a dependency
on tasks.ui to get access to these facilities.

-Rob

Beyhan Veliev wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> > TasksUi.getTaskData.getTaskDataManager().getTaskData(taskRepository,
> taskId)
> It works fine but I have a "core" and a "ui" plugin. I want to
> separate the "ui" and the "core" functionality. My
> "RepositoryConnector" is in my "core" plugin which depends only on
> "org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.core". I don't want to have dependency on
> "org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui" in my "core" plugin but in the APIs of
> "org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.core" I haven't found the functionality to
> get a task or taskdata of its id.
>
> Best regards and thank you
> Beyhan
>
> Robert Elves wrote:
>> Hi Beyhan,
>>
>> Given a taskRepository and taskId, you can get the associated
>> TaskData via:
>>
>>  TasksUi.getTaskData.getTaskDataManager().getTaskData(taskRepository,
>> taskId)
>>
>> -Rob
>>

>> Beyhan Veliev wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am writing a new connector for Mylyn 3.0 and Eclipse 3.4 and I
>>> have the same challenge in getTaskData(repository, taskid,
>>> iprogressMonitor). I need to find the existing task or its taskdata
>>> for the passed taskid and I should use only the APIs of
>>> "org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.core".  I haven't found a way to do this.
>>> Is it possible?
>>> @Ismail: How can you retrieve the task with the specified taskid?
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance
>>> Beyhan