Re: [mylyn-integrators] How to get TaskData?

Hi Robert,

> TasksUi.getTaskData.getTaskDataManager().getTaskData(taskRepository, taskId) It works fine but I have a "core" and a "ui" plugin. I want to separate the "ui" and the "core" functionality. My "RepositoryConnector" is in my "core" plugin which depends only on "org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.core". I don't want to have dependency on "org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui" in my "core" plugin but in the APIs of "org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.core" I haven't found the functionality to get a task or taskdata of its id.

Best regards and thank you
Beyhan

Robert Elves wrote:
Hi Beyhan,

Given a taskRepository and taskId, you can get the associated TaskData via:

TasksUi.getTaskData.getTaskDataManager().getTaskData(taskRepository, taskId)

-Rob

Beyhan Veliev wrote:
Hello,

I am writing a new connector for Mylyn 3.0 and Eclipse 3.4 and I have the same challenge in getTaskData(repository, taskid, iprogressMonitor). I need to find the existing task or its taskdata for the passed taskid and I should use only the APIs of "org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.core". I haven't found a way to do this. Is it possible?
@Ismail: How can you retrieve the task with the specified taskid?

Thank you in advance
Beyhan

Avin Ismail wrote:
Hello,

How can I extract the TaskData of a specific task? I am trying to
implement getTaskData(repository, taskId, iprogressMonitor) that has to
return a TaskData. Now I can retrieve the task with the specified taskId,
but how can I get the TaskData of that task?

FYI:
in PerformQuery(), I followed the example on
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/Porting_Guide/3.0 and created the task as
follows:

TaskData data = createTaskData(repository, id);
TaskMapper mapper = new TaskMapper(data, true);
mapper.setTaskUrl(taskPrefix + id);
mapper.setSummary(description);
mapper.setCreationDate(creationDate);
mapper.setDueDate(dueDate);