RE: [mylyn-integrators] AbstractTask vs. RepositoryTaskData inaconnector

Steffen Pingel wrote on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:07 AM:

> > TransferTask - a representation of all of the task attributes that
> > I can use to move that data between a web service client class and
> > other task classes (TransferTask would be client neutral in the
> > case that my connector has multiple different clients so that
> > ITrackerClient can declare a consistent API.)
>
> I would consider to rely on ClientTask unless there is strong
> indication that there is going to be more than one client
> implementation.

Well, probably not like the Trac connector, but the web services for
this repository are being redesigned.  Within a year or so, the entire
client layer will need to be replaced, and the XML files (hence, the
generated JAXB classes) will change.  I'm hoping that the new XML design
will be better, so I don't want to be stuck to the old layout.  That's
the real reason for the "transfer" version of the Task.  That way, the
IMyTrackerClient interface will hopefully remain unchanged when we
implement a client for the new services layer, and there will be less
risk of break other parts of the connector.

[Good stuff about upcoming Mylyn 3.0 changes deleted.]

Thanks again for the details and the tips about how to make this
connector as 3.0 ready as possible.

--
Tom Bryan <tombry@xxxxxxxxx>
Software Engineering Solutions (SES)